* During May 31, the tensest situation was in the vicinity of the settlements of Chermalyk and Pavlopil, where the units of the Joint Forces conducted active defensive actions. This was reported by the JFO headquarters.
* The "platoon commander" of one of the "DNR" brigades got ten years of imprisonment in absentia. This was reported by the prosecutor's office of the Donetsk oblast.
* A mortar bomb exploded near the patrol of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission near the village of Petrovske. This is stated in the operational report of the OSCE SMM.
* The occupation administration of Donetsk stated that the information spread in social networks that chlorination of water will be carried out on June 2 and 3 is not true.
* The "LNR" calculated that the wheat bread produced by them is $0.11 cheaper than in the "DNR", and the rye bread – $0.07.
* The occupation authorities of Donetsk state that excursion tours in the Donbass Arena stadium will resume in the "near future". FC Shakhtar (Donetsk) does not comment on this fact.
* Cases of fraud involving the proposal of unknown persons for the registration (re-registration) of pensions in the territory of Ukraine became more frequent in the occupied territory of Makiivka. Since the beginning of the year, more than 15 appeals of deceived citizens have been recorded only in one district of the city.
* In occupied Donetsk, the local "police" seized a ball grenade from a 32-year-old man. The man was taken the undertaking not to leave the place.
* Donetsk Drama Theater named after Brovun staged the play "It did not happen", based on the play of American playwright Albert Gurney Jr. "Sylvia".