The OSCE special monitoring mission refutes information about the shelling of its post in Popasna in Luhansk oblast and the evacuation of its employees. This is stated in the message of the SMM.
"In response to the incorrect information published by the press center of the antiterrorist operation: the patrol post of the OSCE SMM in Popasna was not shelled, no damage was inflicted, all employees are safe", - it says.
The OSCE mission did indeed record a significant shelling in this region on the night of June 29 and early morning of June 30. At the same time, the mission staff remained safe.
Later on June 30, the employees were relocated to Severodonetsk. It is expected that today they will return to Popasna.
As previously reported, the Ukrainian side of the Joint Coordination and Control Center for the ceasefire in Donbass said that the OSCE mission evacuated its post in Popasna because of shelling by militants.