Second president of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma has announced the conditions at the next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk, under which official Kyiv is ready to start implementing the political part of the Minsk agreements – holding local elections and granting CADLO "special status". This is reported by ZN.ua.
The head of the Ukrainian delegation to the TCG stressed that Ukraine insists that the political component of the "Minsk" be preceded by a security component.
According to the press secretary of Kuchma Darka Olifer, the implementation of the political block of the Minsk agreements is possible only after the following conditions are met:
1. Dissolution of the "LNR" and "DNR" groupings;
2. Complete ceasefire;
3. Ensuring effective monitoring by the OSCE SMM throughout Ukraine;
4. Withdrawal of foreign troops and military equipment from the territory of Ukraine;
5. Withdrawal of forces and means along the entire line of demarcation;
6. Provision of work of the Central Election Commission of Ukraine, Ukrainian political parties, media and foreign observers in CADLO;
7. Restoring control over the uncontrolled section of the border.
In addition, the Ukrainian party pointed to the need "to implement other points provided for by Ukrainian and international legislation and the Minsk agreements".
Representatives of Ukraine also once again raised the issue of refusal of the ruble zone in CADLO and return of Ukrainian state and private property, including restoration of tax payments to the Ukrainian budget in strict accordance with Ukrainian legislation, - the report said.