The Kremlin refrains from commenting on the possible mutual release of detainees between Ukraine and Russia on September 7. This was stated by press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov, - Russian Interfax reports.
"The topic is sensitive. There can be no announcements here"б - Peskov said.
He promised: "The fact will become known".
As previously reported, information appeared in Russian media that the process of mutual release of detainees between Ukraine and Russia may be launched before the end of this week. "The exchange may begin before the end of the week, the probable date is September 7", - the diplomatic source said.
Presidents of Russia and Ukraine, Vladimir Putin and Volodymyr Zelensky, discussed the situation with the detainees twice during telephone conversations. The talks took place on July 12 and August 7.
In mid-July, Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Lyudmyla Denisova and Russian Commissioner for Human Rights Tatyana Moskalkova exchanged lists of prisoners in Russia and Ukraine. There were 150 people in the list of the Ukrainian Ombudsman, and 34 - in the list of the Russian Ombudsman.
Later, press secretary of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Larysa Sarhan said about the preparation of the exchange "35 to 35".
Five Ukrainians convicted in the Russian Federation - Volodymyr Balukh, Pavlo Hryb, Mykola Karpiuk, Stanislav Klykh and Oleksandr Kolchenko, were brought from the colonies to the Lefortovo pre-trial detention center, Memorial reported on August 20. Later, this information was confirmed by executive secretary of the Public Monitoring Commission Ivan Melnikov.
Earlier, the Russian Ombudsman Tatyana Moskalkova stated that negotiations between Russia and Ukraine on the exchange of prisoners were underway, however, documents had yet to be executed to release the prisoners.
Editor-in-chief of Censor.net Yuriy Butusov wrote on his Facebook that the delay in the exchange of prisoners was connected with the Russian party's demand to include valuable witness and suspect in the destruction of the Malaysian Boeing in the sky over Donbass Vladimir Tsemakh in the lists for exchange.
Head of the International Investigation Team (JIT, SSG), Dutch chief prosecutor Fred Westerbeke urged the Ukrainian authorities to prevent his transfer to Russia, since the Dutch prosecutor's office considers Tsemarkh to be suspect in the case of destruction of the Boeing of flight MH17.