In the area of the Joint Forces Operation on June 16, three violations of the ceasefire by the Russian occupation forces were recorded, - the JFO headquarters reported. The armed formations of the Russian Federation fired at our positions from automatic heavy-duty grenade launchers near the settlement of Avdiivka. The enemy fired from 82-caliber mortars near Zaitseve. The occupiers opened fire from automatic easel, hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers and small arms in the area of Vodiane in Pryazovia. There are no combat losses as a result of the enemy shelling.
A representative of the illegal armed formations in the temporarily occupied territory of Donbas, while trying to go over to the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, was shot down by his own comrades in service. This was reported by the press service of the North tactical force. "According to the intelligence data, it became known that at one of the observation posts of the Russian occupation forces in the area of the settlement of Yekaterynivka on June 16, a serviceman of the illegal armed formations, while trying to go over to the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, was treacherously shot by his comrades in service, after which the same "comrades" evacuated the body of the mercenary to the observation post. The leadership of the illegal armed formations is trying to severely suppress cases of surrender of their "defenders" and hide the facts of their elimination when trying to go over to the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine due to their unwillingness to defend the self-proclaimed republics", - the message said.
Occupation authorities of CADLO intend to completely withdraw Ukrainian passports from citizens living there by 2025. This was reported by representative of CADO of Ukraine in the TCG Serhiy Harmash at a press conference in Kyiv. "The issuance of Russian passports there (in CADLO, - ed.) is under progression. According to my information, the task by 2025 is to ensure that there are no holders of Ukrainian passports, that is, they can be even confiscated. The problem not of the checkpoints will arise then, but of the possibilities of our citizens to enter the controlled territory of Ukraine in the absence of Ukrainian documents. The problem is quite serious", - he said.
The "DNR" leader Denis Pushilin announced his readiness to give access to the crash site of the Malaysian Boeing and tell his version of the crash. The separatist media wrote this. "We are ready to provide all the information about the Boeing crash and access to the site of the tragedy", - Pushilin said, having added the stock phrase about "interest in objectivity". At the same time, he did not specify who exactly could be admitted to CADO. As previously reported, on June 7, a court in the Netherlands began considering a case on the merits of the crash of flight MH17 over Donbas in 2014. None of the four accused appeared in the court.
Occupation authorities of the "LNR" extinguished the fire at the Samsonivska-Zakhidna mine in Sorokyne (formerly Krasnodon) for two days. This was reported by the so-called "Ministry of Emergency Situations of the LNR". The report noted that the fire began on June 14. At that time, there were 196 people underground. All mine workers, with the exception of 16 people at the security posts, were brought to the surface. The fire was extinguished on June 16 early in the morning.
Another 240 facts of the diagnosis of COVID-19 were confirmed in the occupied part of the Donetsk oblast over the day. This was announced by the so-called "Ministry of Health of the DNR". In total, as of today, there are 41 094 patients with COVID-19 infection in CADO, 3 231 patients are undergoing treatment (inpatient and outpatient) and 3 125 people died (3110 cases were reported yesterday). 77 cases of "usual" pneumonia were also detected over the day. Of these, 66 patients were hospitalized. In total, 1218 patients with pneumonia are being treated, of which 618 are on oxygen support (+20 over the day).
Leader of the "DNR" Denis Pushilin did not rule out the introduction of new restrictions in the event of an increase in the number of cases of coronavirus infection. Separatist media wrote this. "We are with the Russian Federation in the same epidemiological field, how the situation happens there, it affects us. Nothing can be ruled out about new restrictions", - Pushilin said. He also expected that a consignment of coronavirus vaccine from Russia would arrive in Donetsk "in the near future".
Occupation "DNR authorities" are going to open the so-called "border" with the "brotherly LNR" next week. Leader of the "DNR" Denis Pushilin said this today, June 16, - separatist media wrote. "The issue (of opening the "borders" - ed.) has been resolved. I think we will be able to open the border between the "DNR and LNR" next week", - Pushilin told the local propagandists. He explained this decision by the fact that the occupiers of the "LNR" switched to a controlled passage of people from the free territory of Ukraine through the so-called "headquarters". "Therefore, there are all the prerequisites to say that it is time to open the "border". This is a long-awaited event for many people", - Pushilin stated. It was reported that there are four automobile checkpoints on the "border" between the "republics": Debaltseve, Snizhne, Nikishyne and the 759th km of the M-03 highway. Traffic through them was stopped last spring due to the "threat of the spread of coronavirus infection".
A previously convicted 63-year-old man, who dropped a grenade while threatening his wife and daughter, was detained in occupied Donetsk. This was reported by the fake "DNR MIA". The man drank alcoholic beverages on the eve of the emergency. "Against the background of a sudden conflict between him and his family, he took out a grenade and began to threaten the women with murder", - the message said. He defiantly pulled out the safety ring and, unable to hold the explosive object, dropped it to the floor. The wife and the daughter of the accused received multiple wounds as a result of the grenade explosion.