The Cabinet of Ministers intends to introduce strict quarantine in Ukraine from January 8 to January 24, 2021. This was announced by Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal at a government meeting today, - correspondent of OstroV reports.
"Today we will take a decision on the next year's additional restrictions… It was decided that enhanced quarantine restrictions will be introduced in Ukraine from January 8 to 24, 2021 - we will call them winter holidays for the sake of safety", - he reported.
According to him, quarantine will involve a ban on the work of:
- cafes, restaurants and bars (except for delivery and take-away orders);
- cinemas and theaters;
- fitness clubs, gyms and swimming pools;
- shopping and entertainment centers (trade in food products, medicines, veterinary drugs, personal hygiene products and household chemicals is allowed);
- prohibition of trade in non-food products;
- any entertainment, sports or cultural events;
- all educational institutions, except for kindergartens, will be sent on vacation.
At the same time, public transport will work. Grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, postal operators and hotels will also operate.