Russian President Vladimir Putin has accused the Ukrainian party of increased tension in the Donbass during a conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. This follows from the report on the Kremlin's website following telephone talks between the heads of the two countries.
It is noted that the call was initiated by the Ukrainian party.
The Kremlin's website notes that the parties discussed "settlement in the south-east of Ukraine", "the importance of strict observance of the ceasefire established since July 21, as well as disengagement of forces and resources from the demarcation line, was emphasized".
Based on the statement from his press service, Vladimir Putin did not mention the deaths of four Ukrainian soldiers and did not assess gross violation of the ceasefire by the pro-Russian militants. At the same time, he accused the Ukrainian military of shelling "the Donbass settlements, resulting in civilian casualties".
The Kremlin reported that the Russian president reminded his Ukrainian counterpart of the need for "consistent implementation of the Minsk agreements, including the legal aspects of granting the DNR and LNR a special status".
At the same time, it is noted on the website of the head of Ukraine that the topic of the death of four AFU fighters was raised during the negotiations as a top-priority. "The parties discussed the situation with night shelling, which resulted in the deaths of four Ukrainian soldiers". Zelensky noted the inadmissibility of the repetition of such things", - the official press release said.
Earlier, answering the question about what Putin answered to this at a briefing in Kyiv, President Volodymyr Zelensky said: "You will see the press release. I do not want to say what he promised instead of the Russian president. I want you could see those words that were in a phone call officially, so that the words turned into certain steps".
As previously reported, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky held a telephone conversation today with Russian President Vladimir Putin on August 7 due to the death of 4 Ukrainian servicemen in the area of Pavlopil in Donbass.
A "grain truce" began in Donbass since July 21, providing for an unlimited ban on any firing.