The Tripartite Contact Group on the settlement of situation in the Donbass has agreed on a complete ceasefire on the line of demarcation in ATO zone for the period of Easter holidays, starting from March 30. This is said in the statement of the TCG, posted on the OSCE website.
"The Trilateral Contact Group, with the participation of the representatives of certain districts of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, acknowledging the positive impact of the recommitment to ceasefire of 2 March 2018, stressing the importance of ensuring peace and calm for the population, keeping in mind the forthcoming Easter celebrations, and guided by earlier agreements and obligations of the sides: - re-affirm their full commitment to a comprehensive, sustainable and unlimited ceasefire, starting from March 30, 2018 at 00 hrs. 01 min. (Kyiv time)", - the statement said.
The importance of the issuance of and compliance with the respective ceasefire orders; the effective use of disciplinary measures for ceasefire violations; avoiding forward movements and reconnaissance missions; no firing, including to return fire; strictly forbidding, in particular, firing to and from populated areas, the presence and use of heavy weapons in and close to populated areas and the targeting of civilian infrastructure, including schools, kindergartens, hospitals, and public premises were also noted.
As previously reported, representatives of the occupation authorities of the "republics" of Donbass regularly violated all previous ceasefire agreements.