Russia did not respond to the request for the extradition of the "DNR" militant, who killed the schoolboy. The case will go to the ECHR 07/31/2017 17:47:51. Total views 1275. Views today — 1.

The Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine did not receive an official response from the Russian Federation about the extradition of the militant Vadim Pogodin, who was detained in the Crimea and suspected of the murder of a 16-year-old Ukrainian citizen Stepan Chubenko. This was reported by the Deputy Chief Prosecutor of Ukraine Yevhen Yenin on his Facebook page.

"Ukrainian law enforcement agencies will continue to make every possible effort to bring Pogodin to criminal liability, even if it turns out that the Russian response to the appeal of the Ukrainian side was the release of the murderer from custody", - he wrote.

The mother of the deceased Stepan Chubenko has already expressed willingness to delegate the right to appeal to the ECHR for the protection of her rights to the government of Ukraine.

"Together with Ivan Lishchyna and the National Police, we plan to prepare an appropriate complaint to the ECHR in connection with Russia's violation of the right to life (Article 2 of the Council of Europe Convention on Human Rights)", - Yenin wrote.

As previously reported, the General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine applied to Russia with a request to extradite the militant of the so-called DNR, Vadim Pogodin, who is suspected of murdering Stepan Chubenko, a schoolboy from Kramatorsk, in 2014.

Earlier, Stalina Chubenko, the mother of 16-year-old Stepan, killed by the "DNR" militants, demanded that the Ukrainian authorities did everything possible to extradite Vadim Pogodin, the murderer of her son, from the occupied Crimea to Ukraine.

It was earlier reported that the "battalion commander" of "Kerch" illegal armed formation Vadim Pogodin was detained in occupied Yalta in late June.

According to the data of the National Police Headquarters in the Donetsk oblast, the investigation has evidence of the involvement of three malefactors in the death of the player of youth team of Avanhard Kramatorsk football club, who was killed in July 2014. In 2015, Pogodin was summoned to give testimony on this case.

In the summer of 2014, Stepan Chubenko, the goalkeeper of youth system of Kramatorsk Avanhard, was killed. The boy participated in rallies in support of the integrity of Ukraine, which were held in Kramatorsk. During the shelling, he helped the elderly to go down in the shelter, carried them water when the city was cut off from the water supply. Risking his life, Stepan took the "DNR" flag down from the city square. In June 2014, Stepan went to a friend in Kyiv. On June 23, he took the train in the capital to return home. He traveled through Donetsk, where he was detained by militants of "Kerch" battalion for blue-and-yellow ribbon on the backpack. The Ukrainian patriot was shot dead after the tortures.