The Verkhovna Rada has adopted in the second reading as a whole bill No. 5630 on the simplified acquisition of Ukrainian citizenship by foreigners and stateless persons, who took part in the protection of the territorial integrity and inviolability of Ukraine, - correspondent of OstroV reports.
285 people's deputies supported the decision.
The law regulates the possibility of submitting a declaration of renunciation of foreign citizenship together with an application for the adoption of Ukrainian citizenship by the following categories of people:
- who are citizens of a state recognized by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine as an aggressor state or an occupier country and subjected to persecution due to political convictions in the country of their citizenship;
- who, in the order established by the legislation of Ukraine, are/were doing military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine under a contract;
- who, in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of Ukraine, are doing military service in the Armed Forces and are awarded a national award of Ukraine;
- having prominent services to to Ukraine;
- whose acceptance into the citizenship of Ukraine is of state interest, in particular, if they rendered a practical struggle in the fight against terrorism;
- foreigners from among the persons specified in part twenty of Article 4 of the Law of Ukraine "On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons".