Minister of Defense of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak, who wrote a report on his dismissal, has stated he would serve as head of the defense department until the Verkhovna Rada's decision to dismiss him. Poltorak told this to reporters near the building of the Presidential Administration, - UNIAN reports.
It was reported earlier today that Minister of Defense Stepan Poltorak arrived to the Presidential Administration of Ukraine on the call of President Volodymyr Zelensky.
"I will work and fulfill my duties until the Verkhovna Rada makes a decision (on his dismissal - ed). Because when a country is in a state of war, it is very dangerous to leave the Armed Forces without coordinating the control system, without leadership", - he stated.
Poltorak noted that he had made a decision for himself to resign and said this to the new president, after what he submitted the relevant report.
Полторак отметил, что принял для себя решение подать в отставку и сказал об этом новому As previously reported, on May 6, Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak expressed his willingness to report to newly elected President Volodymyr Zelensky about the state of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and reforms implemented in the defense sphere. On May 20, Poltorak sent a resignation report to President Zelensky.