In the area of the Joint Forces Operation on May 26, 5 violations of the ceasefire were recorded by the Russian occupation forces. The enemy opened fire from 120-caliber mortars, as well as from the armament of an infantry fighting vehicle, near the settlement of Krymske. Russian occupiers fired at our positions from 82-caliber mortars, grenade launchers of various systems, large-caliber machine guns and small arms not far from Prychepylivka. The enemy opened fire from grenade launchers of various systems and small arms in the area of the settlements Krasnohorivka and Pavlopil. The enemy opened fire from sniper weapons near Avdiivka. One of our soldiers was wounded as a result of the enemy fire. The warrior was promptly provided first aid and taken to a hospital. The state of health of the wounded is satisfactory. Our defenders returned fire to the enemy shelling.
Another 261 cases of coronavirus disease were detected in the occupied territory of Donetsk oblast, over the day. This was reported by the so-called "Ministry of Health of the DNR". In addition, another 24 patients died. In total, as of May 26, there are 37 876 people with COVID-19 infection in CADO. 4 128 patients are undergoing treatment (inpatient and outpatient), 2834 people died. The mortality rate is 7.5% (for comparison, it is 2.3% in the controlled part of Ukraine and 2.1% - in the world). The occupiers also identified 121 cases of "usual" pneumonia over the day. Of these, 102 patients were hospitalized. In total, 1771 patients with pneumonia are being treated, of which 717 are on oxygen support (+37 over the day).
The water supply to the residents of occupied Donetsk may be reduced by 40% due to repair work at the filter station on May 26. This was announced by the so-called "head of the city administration" Alexey Kulemzin. According to the local clone of the Ukrainian Voda Donbasa Ukrainian company, in connection with the repair work at the Verkhnio-Kalmiusska filtering station from 10:00 on Wednesday until the end of the work, the water supply may be reduced by up to 40% throughout Donetsk. Let us recall that the water supply was reduced in the Voroshylovskyi, Kalininskyi and Kyivskyi districts of the city shortly before.
The so-called "DNR Supreme Court" sentenced Oleh Dmitriyenko to 10 years of imprisonment in a high-security prison. This was reported by the so-called "DNR Ministry of State Security". It was reported that the man had previously served in the ranks of the illegal military formations of the "DNR". "It has been established that Dmitriyenko served in the Donbas militia from June to July 2014. After being discharged from service for health reasons, he began to systematically travel to Ukraine to receive pension", - the occupiers' report said. According to the DNR militants, the man was "recruited by the SBU", so he was detained by the "DNR Ministry of State Security" in March 2019 and accused of "espionage."
Reports of the mining of four schools were recorded in occupied Donetsk the night before, - Alekxey Kulemzin, who calls himself "the head of the administration" of the city said. "Anonymous information has been received about the mining of schools No.1 and No.14 in the Voroshylovskyi district and No.7 and No.20 in the Kalininskyi district. The special services are working", - Kulemzin wrote. He later reported that the information about the mining of these schools was not confirmed.
More than 2.5 thousand drivers in the occupied part of the Donetsk region were held "administratively liable" by the so-called "DNR traffic police" for the absence of a "civil liability insurance policy" of the vehicle owners. This was reported by the fake "DNR MIA". Let us recall that the "DNR" occupiers adopted "laws on third-party liability insurance" back in 2019, began issuing policies from August 2020, and to fine from March this year. The amount of the fine is $7. Some LLC KhatKhor, calling itself an insurance company, previously reported that the policy would cost the car owner $27 on average.
Water supply to Rovenky in the occupied Luhansk region was suspended due to an accident at the main water pipeline. This was said in the message of the so-called "Ministry of Emergency Situations of the LNR". "On May 26, 2021 at 01:20, in connection with a repeated leak in the Rovenky main water pipeline with a diameter of 800 mm, approximately until 16:00 on May 27, 2021 (taking into account the entry into operating mode), the water supply to consumers of the city of Rovenky was stopped", - the report said. Earlier, Luhanskvoda repeatedly cut off the centralized water supply to Rovenky due to accidents at the main water pipeline.