President Volodymyr Zelensky has put decision of the National Security and Defense Council of February 2, 2021 "On the application of personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions)" into effect on February 2 by his decree. This is reported by Ukrayinska Pravda with reference to the Office of the President.
Sanctions were imposed against people's deputy of the Verkhovna Rada from Opposition Platform - For Life Taras Kozak for a period of 5 years.
The sanctions include:
1) blocking of assets - a temporary restriction of the right of a person to use and dispose of his/her property;
2) restriction of trading operations;
3) restrictions, partial or complete termination of the transit of resources, flights and transportations along the territory of Ukraine;
4) preventing the withdrawal of capital outside Ukraine;
5) suspension of performance of economic and financial obligations;
6) cancellation or suspension of licenses and other permits, the receipt (availability) of which is a condition for the implementation of a certain type of activity;
7) a complete or partial prohibition on the making of transactions with security papers, the emitents of which are persons to whom sanctions have been applied in accordance with present Law;
8) termination of issuance of permits and licenses for the import into Ukraine from a foreign state or export from Ukraine of currency valuables and restrictions on the withdrawal of cash on payment cards issued by residents of a foreign state;
9) prohibition of transfer of technologies and intellectual property rights.
Sanctions against local broadcasters of the 112-Ukraine - New Format, Ariadna TV, TV Vybor, Partner TV and Leader TV channels were also imposed for 5 years.
Sanctions against TV channels include:
1) blocking of assets;
2) preventing the withdrawal of capital outside Ukraine;
3) suspension of performance of economic and financial obligations;
4) cancellation or suspension of licenses and other permits, the receipt (availability) of which is a condition for the implementation of a certain type of activity;
5) a ban on the use of the radio frequency resource of Ukraine;
6) termination of the provision of services for the retransmission/distribution of television programs, the provision of telecommunications services and the use of public telecommunications networks and other sanctions.