"DNR" occupiers finally repaired Lokomotiv destroyed by their artillery, having not forgotten to blame Ukraine 12/18/2020 13:44:28. Total views 802. Views today — 0.

Occupation authorities of the "DNR" have groundlessly accused the Ukrainian armed forces of destroying the infrastructure and housing stock of Debaltseve in 2015. Another attack on Ukraine was made during the opening of the renovated Lokomotiv sports complex, which had previously been seriously damaged during the fighting.

So, the message of the fake "Ministry of Sports" says that the main sports facility of the city "suffered greatly from the AFU shelling".

In fact, the Ukrainian city of Debaltseve was seriously destroyed in February 2015, when, in violation of the agreements in Minsk on the line of contact, militants, supported by Russian troops, seized the city. In order to drive Ukrainian units from Debaltseve, pro-Russian troops subjected the city to massive artillery fire.

After the AFU setback of, the "DNR" authorities are constantly trying to shift the responsibility for destruction of the city onto the Ukrainian side. However, the Ukrainian army did not fire at Debaltseve, it was in the city and took over the fire of the enemy artillery.

Local residents also suffered as a result of the barbaric shelling. After the setback of the ATO forces in Debaltseve, 500 bodies of civilians were found in the basements of residential buildings. This, in particular, was stated in early 2015 by the U.S. Permanent Representative to the UN Samantha Power during a meeting of the UN Security Council. "500 corpses were found after the relief - 500 corpses in houses and basements in which people were hiding from Russian shelling", - she said.

The OSCE SMM has also repeatedly recorded the facts of shelling of residential areas of Debaltseve by the "DNR" terrorists. For example, regarding the deaths of 3 civilians and the injury of 12 civilians on January 19, 2015, the mission's report said that "the SMM saw at least seven unexploded rockets. An analysis of the crater carried out by the SMM showed that the Grad was firing from the western direction of Horlivka, controlled by the "DNR".

Roughly, as a result of the shelling of Debaltseve by the Russian occupiers, up to 80% of the entire urban infrastructure was destroyed. Including Lokomotiv. A direct hit destroyed the floor slabs and the building walls, the windows were smashed out and the communications were damaged. It took the self-proclaimed city authorities almost five years to restore the sports facility.