Situation in the area of the Joint Forces Operation on October 22 remained controlled by the units of the Joint Forces of Ukraine and other components of the defense forces, - the JFO headquarters reported. Armed formations of the Russian Federation have violated the ceasefire four times since the beginning of the day. The enemy opened fire from small arms in the area of responsibility of the North tactical force near the settlement of Artema. The enemy shots from a grenade machine gun were also recorded near Novoluhanske, the enemy opened fire from small arms in the area of the settlement of Shumy twice. There are no combat losses or injuries among the Ukrainian defenders.
Occupation authorities of the "LNR" gave some food to local bakers and agricultural workers. This was said in the message of the Volunteer project created by the occupiers. It was noted that the pro-government volunteers donated "humanitarian aid to the workers of the Krasnyi Luch Little Baker enterprise. The food packages, which received only 20 people, included rice, pasta, tomato paste, vegetable oil, canned meat, fish and vegetables, as well as sweets and tea. Peace to the Luhansk Region reported that workers of the Lutuhyne grain reception center, as well as workers of agriculture and processing industry of the Perevalsk district, had earlier received similar "humanitarian aid".
Only 30% of workers dismissed from the mines liquidated by the "LNR" occupiers got a new job. This fact was recognized in the so-called "social insurance fund in case of unemployment". At the same time, it was reported that more than a thousand of the dismissed miners applied for help in finding a job. Of these, only one in three got a job, that is, about 330 people. As reported in the summer, a tense situation with mines developed in CALO: as part of the "reform" of the coal industry, the occupiers began to close unprofitable, often city-forming coal enterprises, dismissing all the personnel.
Security guards at a "nationalized" metallurgical plant in occupied Donetsk went on strike because of wage arrears. They wrote this in the separatist segment of social networks. The protest has been going on for two days. "The manager was invited today, the people demanded the payment of wages. The guards refuse to go to their posts", - the message said. "They say that if their requirements for payment of wage arrears are not fulfilled by Monday, they promise to hold a rally with the media representatives near the tower of the Donetsk City shopping center, where the leadership of the VTS (Vneshtorgservis - the structure created to manage the seized Ukrainian enterprises - OstroV) is located, - the users wrote. As reported by OstroV, the workers of the DMP recently wrote a letter to the "DNR" leader D.Pushilin that they had not received their wages for more than 4 months.
The occupiers in the Donetsk oblast confirmed 5599 cases of COVID-19 infection, of which 404 cases were fatal. This was reported by the so-called "DNR Ministry of Health". 90 cases of COVID-19 have been identified over the past day. In addition, 19 deaths were recorded - men aged 55 to 82 years and women aged 56 to 83 years. Thus, the mortality rate is 7.2%, which is several times higher than in the territory of free Ukraine and in the world. Also, 193 cases of pneumonia, which the "DNR" occupiers refuse to associate with coronavirus infection, were discovered in the "DNR". Of these, 193 patients were hospitalized.
School vacations in the occupied territory of Donetsk oblast may be extended until November 1. This was reported in the separatist segment of social networks with reference to sources in the "headquarters for countering coronavirus". "…It was decided to extend the holidays for schoolchildren until November 1 inclusive. Tentatively, pupils of all classes will have to go to school from November 2, but this may change", - the users wrote. It was also reported that "the institutions of secondary vocational education and universities of the republic" approved the extension of the distance learning program "until further notice". Nevertheless, the "DNR Ministry of Education" should "officially" announce the extension of vacation in the near future.